Hello everyone! I know it has been a while since my last post, but I have been quite busy the last couple of weeks. Two weekends ago I went mountain hiking for the first time in my life. I hiked Mt. Umaneson (not sure about the spelling) with Megan and Chelsea. We got a great view of Seoul at the top of the mountain. One of the best parts was the popsicles at the top of the mountain, a very good way to end a climb on a warm day.
This past week I also auditioned for and got cast in the Pirates of Penzance. I am in the chorus and am playing one of the daughters. Over 80 people tried out and only 11 women got cast, so I feel pretty lucky to be a part of this show! Our first performance is June 5, and we are going to have a couple other weekends of performances besides that. We are performing the show in English, and the director is a Luther graduate, so all rehearsals are in English as well. I'm really excited for this great opportunity! We had our first couple rehearsals this past weekend and it seems like it's going to be a lot of fun.
This past week we had Rainbow/Crazy Hair/Fashion Show day at our school. All the kids and teachers came to school in bright colors with their hair styled all differently. Every teacher practiced runway walks with their students and nearly every student forgot the moment they were in front of all their peers. I can't blame them for being nervous! The kids all looked so cute in the different outfits they came in. Definitely a fun day.
This past Friday, our director treated us to an overnight excursion. We stayed in a large cabin essentially, with no furniture. All the Korean staff and American staff came along. We had group dinner and bonding time. Then the next morning we took a ferry to Nami(nara) Island, a small island that is kind of a tourist trap. We walked around, rode a bike through the trees, and saw an ostrich that roams wildly around the island. The best part was getting out of the city for a little while and being able to enjoy some pretty scenery.
This week I also booked my summer trip to Thailand! Nate and I will be flying into Bangkok and then heading down to Phuket rather shortly after. We're also trying to go Cambodia, so we'll see how that works out. I'm so excited!
Aside from that not much else is new. Happy Monday, Western World!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment