John and Kelly is English.

on Thursday, June 3, 2010

During playtime the other day in my kindergarten, one of the kids in my class came up to me and said, "John and Kelly is English." What they meant by this (and I understood completely what they meant) was that John and Kelly were speaking English during playtime-one of the times in the day that they are allowed to speak Korean. It's kind of fitting with how much all of them have grown. Now, sometimes even when they are allowed to speak Korean, they don't. The librarian will speak to them in Korean (who doesn't speak much English) and they will only answer her in English. It's quite amazing how much they are able to do in my class with English being their second language, and especially with someone like Kelly, who does not speak English at home. (I write home comment books every week, and the only times I have gotten responses, they have been in Korean.) Next week we are having an "open class" where all the parents come and watch a rehearsed lesson. It will be nice to meet all the parents, as I have only met half of them so far.

Our first performance of Pirates is on Saturday, and we will be having a new Pirate King. Our Pirate King/Director for the show got into a motorcycle accident, and so someone is filling in last minute to take his part. Hopefully that person will be able to fit into the role well and keep the show going!

July is going to be an exciting month. My friend Morgan is coming to visit, I'm going to the Korean mud festival, and then Nate is coming to visit. Nate and I finalized our trip plans for our vacation too! We're flying to Bangkok, staying there for two nights with my cousin Katie, then headed off to Phuket for a few days, then coming back to Bangkok, then back to Seoul. I'm so excited!

That's about all from me for now. Happy Thursday, Western World!

0 comments:

Post a Comment