
Hello everybody! That is my album of most recent pictures in Seoul. There are some pictures from mountain hiking a few weekends ago in a national park, some of my kids, some of the musical, and a few of me bungee jumping last weekend.
So last weekend I did indeed go bungee jumping. I was on a trip with the group Adventure Korea. We first went rafting in some very murky and sketchy water. (It smelled pretty bad.) The weather was rainy and a bit unpleasant, but the scenery was still very beautiful. It was also my first time rafting, and I had a lot of fun. I hope to do it again sometime. After that, we proceeded to a bridge above the same river to go bungee jumping. About 40 people on the trip decided to take the plunge. A few decided against it, but most who had signed up for it decided to do it. I wasn't scared at all, and just went the first time the worker counted down. It was very exciting and something I have been wanting to do for a long time.
Korea faced some disappointment last weekend, as their soccer team lost in the World Cup. It still amazed me to see how much national pride there was here for soccer. I can't imagine that in America every nearby bar and restaurant was packed with people watching the game, as well as with big screens outside of subway stations. We don't care that much about soccer in the US.
The monsoon season has officially started here. Yesterday we had downpouring rain and 96% humidity. While it hasn't rained yet today, the forecast says it might and there is 98% humidity. Needless to say it is very sticky and not the most fun to be outside at the moment. The yellow dust hasn't been too bad lately, although last week, it was at a very hazardous level one day, so I stayed inside.
Tonight I am going on a boat cruise on the Han River to celebrate the 4th of July. I am going with a bunch of people from the cast and a lot of other foreigners will be on board, so it should be fun.
I will leave you with some videos of my students. Happy 4th of July weekend, Western World!
My elementary students, very excited for the Korean soccer team. (This chant literally means "Go Korea!")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NsV0EkDB7A
One of my kindergarten students really likes to dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaVJMBR0dVw
My geography wiz in kindergarten sees something different when we are coloring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXmjGRjb1E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really admire you for daring to bungee jump! Way cool! I love the youtube videos, too. Can't believe how hot it is!
Emily, is there any way I can EASILY find the links to all of your videos of your students? Every time I want to show them, I have to guess at where the links are on your various blogs. Just let me know so I can access all of them easily. Thanks!
Post a Comment