One month!

on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My departure date draws nearer. It's hard to believe I'm going to South Korea in a month!


No later than a few hours after I wrote that last entry did I find out that I'm actually going to be working for a different school in South Korea. As it turns out, the school that initially wanted to hire me has lower enrollment numbers than they anticipated. However, their sister school, the Songpa-Gangdong LCI school was still in need of a teacher. It is still in roughly the same neighborhood, just a little further east. I'll be closer to the Olympic Park than I was going to be initially, and a little farther from the Olympic Stadium. It's still the same neighborhood though!

Until I leave, I will continue working for the YMCA in Burnsville, MN. I did want to substitute teach, but alas, most districts will not let you do that until you receive your actual teaching license, which I will still not get for a couple more weeks.

I will be in Chicago one last time before I leave, February 11-February 15 (leaving at 3 pm the 15th.) My departure date is going to be either February 19 or 20th from my understanding, I'm still waiting for the official word from the school.

That's all from me for now. Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment