Monkeys, caves and Moor!

on Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hello everyone-


Today I went with Kate and Karim (a friend of a friend of ours from school) to Gibraltar. Gibraltar is actually its own country, but is owned by the British, so we had to show our passports to enter. It is only about 40 minutes down the coast, so it is really close to where we live.

Our main activity today was going up on the rock and seeing all the sights there. It started out with Saint Michael's Caves, which were really cool to see. There is actually a concert venue inside where people put on performances. Then we ate at the restaurant near the caves (I had a burger and it was pretty good) then went on to the Ape's Den. There were several monkeys roaming free, and it was really cool to see, since I have never been able to see a monkey in the wild. After that, we explored World War II siege tunnels on the rock that had historical information about how the tunnels were used during the war. After that, the final attraction we saw on the rock was the Moorish Castle, which has been around for centuries, and very cool to see.

It was a very windy, but overall beautiful day. I posted several pictures of the day on my picture site, so feel free to check them out!

-Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment