Today officially marks two months since I have been in Korea. It's hard to believe, but it's true! Last week we welcomed a new teacher, Chelsea. She is from Michigan and is in her 20 somethings like the rest of us. She seems to be doing pretty well so far!
Last weekend I got the opportunity to see Megan and Aaron. Megan and I went to school together (before college) and found out that we were both going to be in Korea around the same time. Aaron is in the army, so they are stationed in Daegu, which is a few hours away from Seoul. They came this past weekend and I showed them around the city a bit. They also invited me to come to Daegu, which I am thinking about doing this weekend. It's just a train ride away, and it would be nice to get out of the city since I haven't been since I got here! I also went to see the cherry blossoms this past weekend, and posted some pictures on my Picasa web album.
My kindergarten students have been doing so well. It's really amazing to think that doing the workbooks with them was SO difficult when I first started with them, and now they have improved so much. When I first started with them, most of them had to have me help them with every letter they had to write, and now, if I just say out loud what letter they need to write, they know what it is. Also, when I came, only one student knew how to read. Now about three more are reading some words on their own! It's amazing how quickly they are learning.
We did cooking class for the first time this past week. The school decided to have this once a month, and this was our trial run. We made BLT sandwiches, and the students (and teacher) did pretty well. They all successfully made the sandwich and were able to eat half and take the other half home.
Last week, we had a spelling bee for kids in our afternoon classes. I was the MC. Having once been an avid spelling bee competitor, it was kind of funny to be on the other side of the competition. The kids in my class did well, and I was proud of them.
That's all from me for now. Happy Thursday, Western World!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment