But, if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow

on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well as most of my readers know, this past week has been rather difficult as I received news of my grandfather passing away.  It has definitely been a new experience dealing with a tragedy on the other side of the world, but I know that in the end I will come out stronger.  I would also like to profoundly thank everyone for their support and continuing support while I'm over here.  It is greatly appreciated.

One rather shocking thing this week was the Dunkin' Donuts across the street from my school closed.  It was there on Friday and completely packed up Monday.  The sign was taken down and no sign of any equipment.  It was amazing to me that a business could close up that quickly.  Usually it takes so long in the US to clear out, but they shipped out pretty fast here.  Any readers concerned about my coffee well-being- no fear, there is one two blocks from my apartment.

I had my first payday on Friday, which was an incredibly exciting day.  I am now a millionaire! (In Korean won, that is.)  I also booked a trip for a three day weekend we have in May.  I'm going to Geomundo and Treasure Island.  If you want more information about the trip, here is the link to the group I booked it through, Adventure Korea.  It is a travel group specifically for foreigners.  http://www.adventurekorea.com/ourAdventure/calendar_content.asp?id=calendar&RowNo=478

My kids continue to impress me with how much they're learning English.  Not much else to say now, Happy Tuesday Western World!

1 comments:

Linda Wallenberg said...

Just want to tell you how much I love your entries . . . you have such a fun style with humor and insight. It's such a treat to read this blog. We missed you so much, Emily, but you were definitely a presence as it was as if you were here in spirit. I am glad to know my first millionaire! Congrats, and I am so glad you will be putting it to such great use--traveling!!

Post a Comment