Hello everyone and Happy Easter! This week went by pretty quickly and was a busy week at school. My kids were pretty good this week, although there were a couple of incidents. One of my students peed his pants unfortunately, and there were a few tears shed, however all turned out alright. On Friday we celebrated Easter by dying some Easter eggs and decorating them with stickers. The kids were really amazed at how the dye worked and were excited to take them home.
This weekend has been pretty good. Our school said goodbye to Ashley this weekend, who is headed home for Minnesota, and said hello to David, who is from Georgia. David has been here a few months already, but his school had financial problems and closed down, so he was lucky enough to find a job at our school, and our school was lucky because they didn't have to fly another American out. (The likelihood of my school closing down for a similar reason is very low. We are part of a large chain and so there is a large safety net. The school he was working for only had a few locations.) To say goodbye to Ashley we went out to eat at a place called Jenny's Bread, which is like an upscale Panera. Really good food!
Yesterday I experienced the free market in Hongik. It has so many really cool things to buy and almost all of them are handmade. Really great souvenirs. It's also a great area to go out to eat and go shopping in as well. I was out with Laura and she got her hair cut, and now I know a good place to go for a hair cut when I need one! The lady did a great job and spoke really good English. We also went out to eat at a really great Indian restaurant, so now I know where to go for good Indian food!
Today Laura and I went to the International Lutheran Church. The pastor is from Mankato, Minnesota, of all places. (If you don't know, Mankato is 12 miles away from Gustavus.) It was a good service, and I'm thinking about joining the choir. While there, I also ran into two Gusties, Christine and Shauna (who I knew were in Seoul) and we got to go out for an Easter brunch afterwards!
Overall a pretty good week! I bought a lot of postcards today as well, so if I do not have your address and you would like a postcard, email me and I will be sure to send you one. Happy Easter Western World!
P.S.- Here are some video links from Korea that you might enjoy watching!
Video one: My kindergarden students singing, "Go Cubs Go." Go Cubs Go!
Video two: Really random Korean toys hopping around on the street. Crazy toys
Video three: Ice Cream man in Insa-dong who plays tricks on people getting ice cream. Ice cream man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment