Estamos en España

on Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello everyone! We are here. The traveling was very long, however we managed to make it with no problems. Pippa, Karen, and Deb picked us up from the airport and brought us to our new home in Estepona. It is wonderful! One side of the apartment (my side) faces a mountain and what used to be a bullfighting ring (and has a deck!) and the other side faces the Mediterranean. Last night Kate and I went for a run along the beach boardwalk and watched the beautiful sunset. The sun fell over Gibraltar and Morocco, both of which we can see from where we are.


The weather is beautiful, we all wore skirts or dresses to school today. I also got to meet my teacher today, Kerry, and I think we´re going to have a great time working together. It is really great to be in a school so supportive of the arts. All students are required to take drama, music, and art.

Tonight is Deb´s birthday, so we are going out to dinner shortly, and Deb and Karen (our current supervisors) will be leaving late tomorrow night.

Most people at the school are English, so I am getting accustomed to hearing a lot of English accents. I love English accents, so this is fun for me!

We do not have internet access at our apartment, and we are only at school a certain amount of time every day. I tried to post pictures just now, but it is not working so I will try again later.

All for now. Have a great day!

-Emily

1 comments:

Linda Wallenberg said...

So, it's 7:00 a.m. Minnesota time, so it must be 1:00 in the afternoon your time when you are at school. Hope all is well. It sounds like you're having a great transition! I hope you can figure out the picture thing. Let me know if you need help, or I'm sure Katie could help, too, since she was my mentor. We have an unusual 60 degrees today and are being told to savor it because it's supposed to be 20 degrees and possible SNOW for Halloween! We might have a car--a 1997 Toyota Corolla dark green. We'll know after the mechanic checks it out. The white one was a mess. Your car is doing quite nicely in the cozy garage. The cats miss ya! Love, Linda, Carina, Robby

Post a Comment