Here we go

on Friday, October 23, 2009

Hello everyone! Tomorrow is the big departure day. I'm almost all packed. Yesterday was my last day student teaching in Burnsville. It was really sad to say goodbye to the students there, and one of my students even brought me a cake with my name on it! (It was really cute.) Tonight I am going to have dinner with some of my friends and wrap things up here. I'm going to have a long weekend of traveling. Our itinerary is as follows:

OCTOBER 24 AMERICAN AIRLIENES FLT#835

DEPART MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL 11:05AM

ARRIVE DALLAS/FT. WORTH 1:40PM

CONNECT WITH

AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT#36

DEPART DALLAS/FT. WORTH 5:30PM

ARRIVE MADRID 8:55AM (OCT. 25)

CONNECT WITH

AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT#6203 (OPERATED BY IBERIA)

DEPART MADRID 11:50AM

ARRIVE MALAGA 12:55PM

So if you do the math for the time difference, we'll be traveling for about 19 hours. Needless to say, it will be pretty tiring!

I also got a mobile phone thanks to my aunt Linda, and the number to dial from a mobile phone is +44 792 422 2044. If you are dialing from a land line, dial 011 then the number. But please remember that I will be busy and do not be offended if I do not return your phone calls as I am paying 50 cents per minute. Again, email and Skype will be the best ways to communicate with me. There is also a 7 hour time difference from Central time to Spain time.

I should get back to packing and get stuff ready. Have a great night everyone!

-Emily

1 comments:

Linda Wallenberg said...

Hi, Emily! I gather you must be in Spain by now since it is 2:30 Minneapolis time, so that would be 9:30 Spain time. What a long day you must have had, but I hope all went well. I will keep looking on Skype to see when the green light appears, but I might try to call you before then. Meanwhile, I hope that all goes well to settle in, and I cannot wait to see pictures and follow your blog! Love, Aunt Linda

Post a Comment